Saturday, August 9, 2008

Exercise #8 (Week 4) DEL.ICIO.US

SOCIAL BOOKMARKING

Well after a few false starts with my computer
I managed to get started on this exercise.

I spent quite a bit of time in the sites on
Saturday of Discovery Resoures.
In the finish I thought I better get out of this and
get some Blogging done.

As I said in the last Exercise you can spend so
much time just looking round as there is so much
to see in the websites.

I went into Nashville Public Library.
They had 24 Magazines tagged, and was one on
kiwibox.
While in there I clicked on web 2.0 and 130.872 views
popped up.
The video was called "Blogging for beginniners" but
did not run very well.

I also went into Lansing Public Library,
clicked on "Library TechBlog"
That came up like the exercises we are doing.
Fire Fox, Demio & tips.
I then clicked on Penn Tags
"Popular tags used 93 times. Cookbooks 101,
7307 recipes. I quite liked the "Spring Tabbouleh"
recipe in the salad section.

Travel is the most popular site on del.icio.us.

Also went into Ajax Libraries API.
Then into API Maps examples and did a few.

Had a quick look at the "university libraries"
round the world.
No 19 I clicked on which was the "Oxford
text Archives which had quite a bit on the
history of King Henry.
The Popular book marks was
"Travel web 2.0 No. 14, 864 tags.
Had a quick look at Travel uk, and Early
Modern London.
Last of all went into the BBC News
& Traffic of London.

It is another site that can be used
in the Library but it only gives a little
bit of information at a glance.

Last of all I went into Librarything for Libraries,
Then just went into diffrent windows,
one was Thing-ology.

Yes it is another great website but I wonder if
we would use this one that much at the Library.

No comments: