Thursday, August 14, 2008

Exercise (11) Week 4 WIKI

WIKI

Well as they say you learn something new
everyday, when you are looking at new websites
on the computer, like we are on this course.
Till I started this course, I never new nothing
about Wikis.

What I have seen of this website it is like a big
library with a lot of imformation gathered together
on a lot of different subjects.

Just looking at it from the outside, it looks a great
network and well set out.

When you look more closely at it, you find that
anyone can gather information and put it on the website.
You are also able to add to information or
change the information or even delete what has
been written without it being edited.

I myself feel we have other resources that are more
reliable like the online Worldbook, BBC News and
others for up to the minute information.

This site I would only use at the last resort
for a fairly general question, but would also
tell the customer that it may not be acurate.

People who come to the library for information
usually like acurate information to their questions.

I tried to look at the information on Peter Blake
but had problemns.

No comments: